Power Factor Correction
208-600 VAC up to 2400 kVAR
Three phase Automatic Power Factor Correction with Filter option, with or without detuning reactors, at low and medium voltage.
Reactive Power & Harmonic Compensation
Reactive Power Compensation, or power factor correction, can lower your utility bills starting on the day the equipment is installed. Installation is fast and easy, minimizing downtime. After the equipment is installed, you should notice an immediate improvement in power factor, more efficient use of your power system’s load, and of course, monthly savings in your electric utility bills.
Staco Energy Products Company’s harmonic filters perform mitigation for a wide array of needs. This includes equipment to help reduce amplification of harmonics when capacitors are automatically switched, to suppress one or more specific harmonic orders, and to lessen a broad range of multiple harmonic orders.
• Voltage Ratings from 240 to 600 VAC
• Automatically Switched Systems
• Harmonic Filtering for Optimum Power Quality
• Small Footprint with Maximum kVAR
• Standard Off-The-Shelf Units and Specification Designed
• Upgradeable Modular Construction
• Stand-Alone, Multi-Unit and Integrated Systems
• Sizes from 50 to 2,400 KVAR, with up to 800 KVAR in one enclosure (85”H x 32”W x 25”D)
• UL508A and cUL Listed
• Lower Utility Bills
• Reduced Operating Costs
• Efficient Use of Utility Power
• Quick ROI and Continued Savings Throughout the Life of the Equipment
• Easy to Install
• Minimal Maintenance Requirements
Reactive Power & Harmonic Compensation
Active Harmonic Filters
Three phase Active Harmonic Filtering to meet IEEE 519 Standard Active harmonic filter up to the 51st harmonic from 100-150amps with variable power factor and harmonic control output. Capable of paralleling up to 1200 amps.
The StacoSine® Plus active harmonic filter is available in 100 and 150 amp assemblies. Modules can be paralleled for a maximum capacity of 1200 amps of harmonic mitigation. When multiple units are paralleled only one controller in one of the modules is needed to assure proper harmonic mitigation. This controller has a touch screen that allows for easy onsite programming. Besides correcting up to the 51st harmonic, the unit can compensate for both lagging and leading reactive power, and can be programmed from 0.7 lagging to 0.7 leading power factor.
With other harmonic filtering solutions, expensive and time consuming site data collection, power quality surveys and computer generated studies are usually needed. Most harmonic filters are designed to accommodate just one or a few harmonic orders. The StacoSine corrects a full range of harmonic orders, and will not create a resonance condition with existing equipment.
Staco Energy Products has taken traditional “passive” harmonic filtering equipment to a new level with StacoSine, an active based harmonic filter technology.
StacoSine injects compensating current into the load to restore the sine wave and dramatically reduce distortion to less than 5% THD. Its high speed process cancels high frequency output current, while it determines the precise value of injected load current.
StacoSine’s power electronics platform has been designed to operate at levels that continuously adapt to rapid load fluctuations. With its efficient operation and small size, it is ideal for a wide variety of industrial and commercial environments, such as:
• Fluorescent Lamps
• Computers and Peripherals
• Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
• Welding Machines
• Uninterruptible Power Supplies
• Frequency Converters
• DC Power Systems/Chargers
Typical Applications for Active Harmonic Filters:
• Water and waste water treatment facilities
• Textile and paper mills
• Steel mills and facilities with induction furnaces
• Pharmaceutical facilities
• Petrochemical plants
• Data Centers, servers, printers, and other IT equipment
• Hospitals and medical facilities
• Solar and wind farms
• Material handling facilities